Starting tomorrow morning, I'm off for a couple of days camping in the Adirondacks with the girls, and some good friends who have kids the girls' age. Tents. Two small pup tents. And, rain is forecast all three days, with highs in the 60s.
Rain. In a tent.
Good fishing weather, right? So I bought a couple of fishing rods (our friends are bringing theirs), and I really do hope that if actual fish are caught, that an actual grownup other than I would be okay with doing the actual removal from the hook and tossing them back in. I know, I'm an actual wimp.
We're starting off tomorrow going to the Herkimer Diamond Mines (if I write it up, trip is tax-deductible!) and seeing if we can dig some up. Then up north to the Adirondacks.
Then several days of meandering through the northeast visiting friends and my newly rediscovered family, who as it happens have a house at the Jersey shore.
I am so not packed. Why is packing so hard? I hate packing.
In other news, I am two chapters in to my next Frontier Team book, and a fair amount into the first round of editing the first book. When I get back from the trip, that's when I'll start querying publishers.
It's 9:30. Better get cracking. I mean, packing.
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment