I am not depressed
I am not depressed
I am not depressed
Oh, there you are. I was not referring to the election, but something more important: I am now officially in the last six months of not being 40.
More, though, I am not depressed because Ella did NOT get at all injured this morning. I took the girls out for a beautiful hike in 60-degree November weather at the southern tip of Ellison Park. There is a huge tree has fallen down across a gully. The tree is absolutely magnetic--it provides the perfect opportunity for scampering across to the opposite hill. Ella had been back and forth a couple of times, when on the last trip back, she slipped. I saw her go down. My stomach lurched. But somehow, she was able to catch herself against the trunk with her hands on the way down, retarding her fall and allowing her to make the eight-foot drop on her feet, which, given that she is four feet or so tall, made it only a four-foot drop. "I'm FINE!" I heard her peep out as soon as she landed. Thank goodness. Four feet in space landing on one's feet is a lot different than eight feet in space landing on one's head.
I am also the opposite of depressed in that Madison has taken to the Pythagorean Theorem like...like...like a child of a mathematician to the Pythagorean Theorem. She is particularly entranced by 1-1-square-root-of-two triangles.
Wednesday, November 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Forty schmorty. Try doing that with Forty-four!
Yay! for Ella's not falling on her head and for Madison's love of Pythagorus. [My personal favorite is the 39,60,90 triangle.]
Yeah - don't try to figure out that 39, 60, 90 triangle thing. It's just what happens when you're over 40.
Post a Comment