I think what woke me was the ghostly quality of the light coming in from the window. After a few minutes of wondering, I swung up and peeked out at the street light. Yep. Snow. Sticking snow. Falling thickly, with no wind.
Beautiful, you know.
Not that I'm exactly looking forward to not seeing the ground for the next four months. And, now that I'm going down this path, I am reminded that I haven't yet gotten the leaf heap (joyfully blown together) out to the curb, and that Ella needs more sturdy winter boots.
All right, that's too prosaic for 4am. So I'll abandon this line of reasoning and remind myself of Ella's contemplation of a little snow shower yesterday afternoon:
"Maybe fairies are cold-blooded, but in a good way. Maybe each snowflake is a fairy baby."
There, that's better, isn't it?
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment