I missed Holiday Hollow when we were in Virginia. (OK, I missed ALL of Rochester.) I'm feeling particularly happy to be back here, because it's fall, which is Rochester's greatest time of year. And, I confess, I dearly love getting free tickets to all of the great places and performances around here (perhaps out of proportion to how much I should like it--maybe it's the Jersey Girl coming out in me). Organizations want the visibility, so they want me to go and review them and write about how much my kids liked the experience. Who am I to refuse?
So here are some photos from yesterday (you can click on them to make them bigger). I'll be updating my review soon, although Holiday Hollow hasn't changed all that much.



Today, it was Columbus Day and all of the local kids had off school. We did school this morning, but then in the afternoon, we went to Gro-Moore Farms which is not far from RIT. It's a typical local farm market that puts in some activities for kids on weekends in the fall. In my opinion, my kids were a little old for it, and I'm glad we didn't pay the $9 pay-one-price fee that would have let them do everything for free. I let them do the big slide and the pumpkin painting, and bought them some doughnuts and a slushie, and then let them do the free stuff. They had a good time, and I got some good photos:



Unusual for Madison, she's photographed very well the last few days. Don't you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment