Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Madison is...

...better. Not even close to 100% yet, but last night was the first night she wasn't up-and-down like a yo-yo, didn't babble at me in a foreign language (which used English syllables but wasn't English), and didn't need medicine several times. She's still feverish and dizzy today, but I was able to get some mashed potatoes and yogurt (not together) into her, and now she's strong enough to sit in front of the computer for a little while. It's Day 5 of this so it's About.Darned.Time.

Ella is well. And Ella wants OUT, out of this house. She wants to shop, oh my how that girl wants to shop. We have a favorite clothing store, called Lu's Back Door. (It's a second-hand store...funny how we really like the selection we find in this store better than almost any other place, and little girl dresses are only $4-$8. I remember how much I loathed shopping at thrift stores when I was a kid because my cheap cheap father decreed it, and now here I am with one as my favorite store. We always find nice things for them there, cute things that aren't trashy because the trashy stuff wears out too fast for people to consign it.) Anyway, I told Ella this morning that we could probably go tomorrow, and she's verifying this with me practically every hour.

Ella's gotten bored with entertaining herself for days, even though I've done modified school with her, so she's just asked me for formal school. Logic, she wants to do logic. Isn't that nice? I'd better go do it.

No comments: