We call this the Church Room because the last owners took the covered patio that was off the back of the living room and enclosed it, using the salvaged wood and stained glass from a church that was being torn down. The TV is now in back of me. We love this room, Christian symbols and all. I hate the carpet, but as the floor underneath is just flagstone, even this carpet is pretty cold. We'll have to solve that problem before we yank it up.

Don't you think that it's somehow appropriate that a bunch of atheists should have a Church Room? And now that I put the space heater in it, it's cozy.
This is the view from the living room with my back to the fireplace, looking out to the front of the house. It is a very long living room. My dream is to have the wall to the left and the wall in front covered with bookshelves, floor to ceiling. To do it right seems to be pricey, I have to track down this Menonite guy we met in the spring who does this kind of thing and see how he prices it.

This is the view of our Rumford fireplace (original to the house). The Church Room is out the door to the left. I vow to bake bread in the upper oven this year. We'll see how that works.
No comments:
Post a Comment