Saturday, December 22, 2007

Just a picture-taking time of year, I guess

We got our Christmas tree today (the latest we've ever gone before Christmas without one).



Later in the afternoon, we hung our ornaments. Each year, we get three ornaments from somewhere we travel: One for us, one for Madison, and one for Ella. David and I started out with some cable cars from San Francisco in 1995. By the time each of them is 18, they'll have their own "starter set" to move to their own house. Madison said that we already have a lot. I pointed out that over the next 10 years before she's 18 we'll have 30 more.

"Or 40," she pointed out. "If you guys split up."

After a long, surprised pause, we came to understand that she meant if David and I get separate sets of ornaments.

Then there was more clowning around.



And this was my favorite:


No comments: