"Just rip the darned paper!"
On Wednesday, Madison's 9th birthday, she decided that she wasn't going to open ANY gifts in the morning, despite them being all there and wrapped and tantalizing on the table. She wanted to do it with some ceremony, AFTER dinner. I don't think I could have stood it myself at the age of 9, but it didn't look as though she was having any trouble with self-control. It didn't seem to be a matter of self-control at all, frankly; she was really pleased with being able to direct that action exactly as she wanted it. More to the point, though, I think what really sustained her is that she was driving Ella NUTS with the refusal to open the presents until late. Ella was practically hopping up and down by the time dinner arrived. And Madison really enjoyed that. Sigh.
Here is a 5-second video that says it all.
Friday, September 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment