Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Last day of being 8

Madison's last day of being 8 was celebrated by a trip to Wegmans.

Why Wegmans? Not just because it is the greatest grocery store in the universe. (I'm pleased to say we can go to Wegmans any old time because as Rochester is the Wegmans Capital of the World, we have seven stores within driving distance. But I digress.)

No, we went for three reasons:

  • An ice cream birthday cake for tomorrow evening

  • A box of whatever sugary cereal she likes, a tradition on our kids' and David's birthdays (she chose Yucky Charms...pardon me, Lucky Charms)

  • The last free cookie ever

    Yes, Wegmans has free cookies for kids 8 and under. And so today we celebrated her last day being 8 with the last ever free cookie. She's not a little kid anymore! She bore it well, but as she is a sentimental soul, it twanged her heartstrings, I could tell. Mine, too.
  • 1 comment:

    tm said...

    Ice cream cake is a favorite here too.

    Aw! No more free cookies. Now that is sad. I wonder what the age limit is for getting a free slice of cheese at the deli counter?

    Happy Birthday!