Friday, September 19, 2008

Talk Like a Pirate Day in Jamaica

What better way to reward a satisfying week of work than with a rousing game of JAMAICA on Talk Like a Pirate Day!



Thanks, Laura, for pointing me in the direction of Jamaica as a gift for Madison's birthday. By the way, ThoughtHammer, where I bought the game, is having a bunch of Talk Like A Pirate Day specials.

By the way, the whole "stickers-on-a-chart" idea that I had at the beginning of this week -- a nickel for each subject tackled with a good attitude -- has worked like a charm. It got off to a little rocky start, but I haven't had any problems in *days* -- and each girl has earned about fifty cents each day.

We're having a game day this afternoon to celebrate. Only an hour left, though, before we must go to karate. I kind of hate to yank them.

No comments: