
Madison has always been interested in religion, and nowadays she's been talking with us a lot about philosophy and history. We've exhausted all the kids books on comparative religion that I've been able to find, so I thought it might be time to pull out George Walsh's book The Role of Religion in History.
I hunted high. I hunted low. But I couldn't find the book. We must have loaned it out sometime in the last five years, I thought. So I found a used copy at a reasonable price on Amazon and ordered it a couple of weeks ago.

It arrived last week, and we started reading it at bedtime. It's slow going, and the introduction, especially, requires pausing frequently for explanation. But Madison is enjoying it, and even Ella has gotten some value out of it, I think. She asks questions, at least.
I woke up yesterday morning and happened to look over at the night table where George's book has been living for the last week, and was astonished. There were two copies. They had multiplied in the night!
George would have loved the joke. He may be gone, but his book carries on his legacy.
1 comment:
I don't want to think about what my books might be doing in the night when I'm not watching, but it certainly would explain a few things.
Post a Comment