David and I were married 12 years ago today. To celebrate, we thought we might go see the Ying Quartet, our favorite local orchestral group (which says a lot, considering how music-oriented Rochester is). The Ying Quartet is a young (late-20s-early-30s) group of three brothers and one sister who are awesome. We couldn't get a babysitter, so we decided to bring along the kids.
This was the girls' first real classical music concert, at least the first one that didn't have one of them performing somewhere in the show. They did very well; I was very proud of them for being so grown up. I sat us in the back row just in case they got squirmy, and I also very quietly whispered things for them to notice about the music and the way it was being played to keep them engaged. Ella was actually more interested than Madison in my suggestions, but that may be just because Madison is more entertained by her own thoughts than Ella.
So this new milestone means we can bring them to events like this that David and I so enjoy, and we can all do it together instead of necessarily getting a babysitter. At least, we'll do it for daytime shows. I don't think they would have stayed awake if it was an 8pm-10pm show. Beethoven is exciting as far as classical music goes, but it's not exactly a thrill a minute. Even David dozed during the second piece.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun concert! Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment