I've noticed an interesting shift in Madison's personality as she approaches nine years old. She has always been extremely passionate, especially when her emotions are negative. She's rarely indifferent about anything. Her swings have usually ranged from the wildly negative and hystrionic to the relentless passionate pursuit of some idea or goal. In the last year or so, she's at equilibrium the majority of the time: calm and cheerful and engaged in life.
But lately, although Madison can swing into negativity very easily, she's been swinging just as far in the other direction: Sudden wild and exuberent love. In my direction, often! I can receive a "You ROCK, Mom!" arm-fling around the neck at the smallest thing, often when I show her something new, like something on the computer, that gives her a new power. She has gone into elaborate detail at a couple of recent occasions about HOW and WHY she thinks I'm the greatest.
I know this isn't startling, but it's a new milestone, and I'll take it.
Friday, September 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment