Sunday, September 28, 2008

Mahna Mahna

Jim Hensen's birthday was the other day, or it would have been if he hadn't died suddenly in 1990. We watched a bunch of Muppets YouTubes, and the girls kind of became obsessed with the Mahna Mahna sketch. They've probably watched it a dozen times since Thursday. I think it's a wonderful celebration of jazz. But I may be the only person who thinks that. See it and judge for yourself:



All of us are finding ourselves bursting out into it at odd moments. It's impossible to hear someone say "mahna mahna" and not promptly respond with "Doo doo, doo doo doo."

Okay, so now that I'm on the Muppets kick I must post our very favorite Muppets sketch: Beaker doing Ode to Joy:



I shall torment you no more tonight.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

I agree!

I love Jim Henson. I'm glad they are using him in the American Express commercials but it always makes me a little sad when I see him.

We've always said "manna mannup".

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful! Lucas and I *love* the Muppets, that Mahna Mahna one in particular. We have the TV shows on DVD at the library, and watching them, it's surprising how well they've held up--still very solid entertainment.