Friday, September 05, 2008

Whiny aliens in my house

Who are these individuals and what have they done with my happy children?

What a day we have had, which was really not helped by a house checkup from the energy guys really freaking early, a dentist appointment, which Madison hates, smack in the middle of the day, and a couple of client calls.

Nothing major happened, aside from the dentist. Just a bunch of whiny fits! No one would do easy spelling or math on their own, and both threw fits about it even when I was on the phone with a client. I had to kick them both upstairs. Then, afterward, the only thing they could do when they whined their non-complaints at me was to laugh.

We got essentially nothing done.

It's not like I can really complain, though, I'm just nit-picking in the metaphorical way, whereas LB is doing it for real. So I count myself lucky.

I'm sure everyone has days like these.

3 comments:

Lynne said...

That is so sad. I just read the beginning of your post through my reader and was going to comment - but I see you've beaten me to it!

Apparently my new response to everything will be: at least you don't have lice.

It's kind of catchy, don't you think? Say it with me now, "Eeeeeuuuuuwwweu!"

Deb said...

Is it any better today?

Lynne said...

Better. No train - yet.