Sunday, January 06, 2008

Madison's new schedule

Madison has been a cranking crankeroo recently. I'm newly sensitive to it and yesterday was miserable. An automatic negative or aggrieved reaction to situations. (E.g., "Hey! Where's the salt!?" (as if someone has been insulting her by witholding the salt from her immediate surroundings) rather than "Does someone know where the salt is?") It's really getting on my nerves. I hope that today is an easier day for her so that when we get back to school tomorrow, it doesn't affect that. I'm doing a big day of planning, today, so that the kids have their beloved lists of what will get accomplished. That should help.

On the other hand, tomorrow is Monday and Madison doesn't have much formal school because of a new science club for 8-to-11-year-olds (free, from a homeschool dad) that is starting up tomorrow. She'll do karate and piano practicing in the morning, but then will be at science club (fortunately only 1/2 mile away) from 10-12. Then Gym-and-Swim from 1-3, karate from 4:30-5:15. We'll probably be going to the library between Gym-and-Swim and karate, and so she'll do some of her work there with me, one-on-one, probably will be mostly math. And we'll try to work from 8:30-9:30 as well, mostly WRTR and handwriting.

Starting at the end of the month, Tuesdays will look somewhat similar for her, as she'll have a homeschool musical theater group from 10:30-2pm (I think she'll love it) and Spanish from 4-5pm.

I hope this isn't unwise. But I'm pretty sure I can compress what she needs to learn in other subjects into Wednesday-Friday. We'll see.

No comments: