I've just printed out this story from WTOPNews.com: Photo Clues Lead to Camera's Owner for us and the kids.
Seems a woman found a digital camera left in a cab on New Year's Eve. When the cabbie didn't know whose it was and didn't seem to care, Erika and her fiance Brian set out to analyze the photos left on the camera to see whether they could find the owner.
Madison and I have been deep into the logic of piecing together mysteries, lately, as a result of working on the book and constructing this logic in a story ourselves. The reporter, Brian Bergstein, did a great job of tracing and reporting the logic Erika and Brian used to find the owner...whom they found in Sydney, Australia, in about 10 days.
People seem to be pointing to this story mainly as an example of good ethics. But I think it's much more interesting for the laying bare of the logic. How often do we see THAT these days?
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment