Madison went to her third meeting last night of a little 3rd-4th-grade book club at the Penfield Library, Knights of the Reading Table. Last night they discussed The Tale of Devereaux by Kate DiCamillo. I didn't make the connection until David remarked yesterday that DiCamillo was also the author of Because of Winn-Dixie, which we all enjoyed on audio last week. Madison says the two books are VERY different, and that they had a good discussion last night. I hope she doesn't totally dominate the conversation (there were 9 8- and 9-year-olds), but the librarian didn't say anything about it to me on our way out. Madison also really likes a little 3rd-grade boy Ian, who shares her affection for the Secrets of Droon series.
They're reading C.S. Lewis's The Magician's Nephew for next month. She brought it home. She was halfway through it by lights-out, and I'm letting her finish it before school starts this morning. We heard that one on audio about six or seven months ago, but, as Madison put it to the librarian on the way out of the meeting room, "I really need to read it because there's something about the logic that I didn't get on the first time around."
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment