Saturday, January 26, 2008

Poetry turns to paint

The Birthday of the Day yesterday, Robert Burns, got me to thinking of another Robert poet, Robert Frost. I love his poem Birches, I think it's my favorite.

Ella and I have been watching another Bob...Bob Ross. I've been taping all of this episodes way down in channel 433, and he's been inspiring us.

So, today, I finally painted, for real, for the first time in over a year. David took the kids around to their various activities and I spent the day blissfully painting. Birches.

It really makes me happy.

I started out listening to the radio, and that wasn't working at all. WFKL was having an '80s Weekend. A bad idea, to paint while listening to '80s music. Mostly for the memories it conjures up of who I was then. Trust me, don't try to paint while you're thinking of how everything used to suck (well, except for the president).

Then I switched to Copeland. Much better.

No comments: