In any case, I do know that back when I was at my very saddest, I didn't bother crying over sad melodies. I guess there was too much in real life to cry over, too much effort going into not crying all the damn time. When it comes down to it, crying over a song is really a total luxury. Crying over a song means you have a little sorrow to spare, enough left to spill over at the thought of the travails of True Love.
Moreena's 6-year-old daughter has a liver condition and needs a transplant.
This post of John Enright's had the same effect on me, although of course he didn't mean for it to.
I guess it's the ex-Catholic in me that wants to be actively grateful for the health of my girls, grateful all the time, because somehow that will provide some magic protection against the Fates zapping them.
I am, actually, grateful all the time. And it really does help me not mind the small things.
1 comment:
I know exactly what you mean about being grateful. Of course, I'm an ex-Catholic too!
Post a Comment